Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The One with the Looking Back - Collecting Miniature Perfume

I have written about how I bought my first branded perfume here. After that, collecting perfume became my hobby. And I actually bought almost all type of fragrances under Estee Lauder brand!!!  Owning and using is one, but for the collection I usually bought the miniatures.

When I was trying to locate the empty bottle of my first branded perfume, to upload in my previous post The Beautiful, I had discovered that my display cabinet was actually almost collapsed.




The glass panel had actually tilted due to missing scru that was holding the panel
The glass panel had actually tilted due to missing scru that was holding the panel
It was tilted, quickly and slowly I emptied the glass panel before all the bottles came tumbling down! Phew.. Alhamdulillah nothing had crashed to the other collections item below....You can see the tilted glass panel in this picture after I emptied it.....

Saved collections...
And the bottles end up on the display cabinet..
Can't see much right? Well the pictures were taken with my handphone Nokia E71.

Since all the bottles were out of place and I need to arrange them back, I took the opportunity to capture the collections with my Nokia E71. Never thought of doing this actually.. hemmm. For the blog.....
Estee Lauder
Estee Lauder - Beautiful, White Linen, WL Breeze, Pleasure, Pleasure
 (seems to forget the names actually! It has been a long time since I had discard this hobby..)

Dior...
Dior...Farenheit (men), Poison, Miss Dior, Dune, Eu Savage (men)

Mix...
Mix
1. Ysatis
2. Roma by Laura Biagiotti
(I had to search on the net to name this one..!!Couldn't see the print clearly on the bottle)
3. Body Shop (Fuzzy Peach)
4. Chanel No 5
5. Givenchy

Another Mix...
Another Mix...
1. Noa form Cacharel
(This one is quite recent, given by a friend..)
2. ?? sorry couldn't figure out!!
3. ?? sorry again
4. Montana
5. Fendi

Yves Rocher ....
Yves Rocher ....
1. Yves Rocher
2. Orchidee
3. Vie Privee
4. 8th Jour
(I bought these thru mail order when I was studying in UK... )



Avon
Avon
1. ??
2. ??
3. Women of Earth
4. Casbah
5. Far Away
6. ??
(guess what? Couldn't read the label..too small! and couldn't find the name on the internet...)

That's about it..my miniature perfume collections, until one day I had stopped collecting as I had stopped wearing perfume, Alhamdulillah.. Now I do wear perfume but only at home for my hubby..The choice? It is Chanel No 5.

It is good to look back and muhasabah of what we used to do before. If it was good and beneficial Alhamdulillah, and if it was not it will be as guide and a lesson for us not to repeat the same habit.

Wearing over powering perfume is not permissible for muslimah, however as a muslimah we have to make sure that we take all the necessary steps to prevent unpleasant body odour and unpleasant smell of our clothes and hijab. This is one aspect that I think our Muslimah have been neglecting...

Till next flashback....

No comments:

Post a Comment