Friday, June 26, 2009

The One with the Poem - Cleansing of the HEART

For a long time I treated my heart
Like a big trash can
Filled with vain desires
Like a pagan’s Kabah
Filled with idols

             Now I have emptied my heart
             Cleansed it inside and out
             Polished it all around
             For the new resident to come
             And live forever

 No one lives here any more
I have kicked everyone out
Neither there is lust
No tempting wealth
Nor false pride
Eyes have dried up
            All sores healed
            No pain no more
            there is no darkness
            Only “light upon light”
            I am sad no more
            I am filled with joy

My beloved has come
To live in my heart            
The new resident of my heart

Is the One who gave me the heart
Gave me feelings and love
Then took it away 

            In my heart now
            He will live forever
            Without any partners
            My heart will beat only for Him
            My lips will sing   
            Only for Him
            Song of “lailahaillAllah”

            There is no God except one God

 ________________________________________________________

Presented at the 8th Annual Convention of International Association of Sufism at Freemont, CA, USA on 3/24/01.  Dr. Athar is on the board of Advisors for I.A.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment