Monday, January 21, 2013

The One with the 3rd Operation

Medical Leave????
This entry would include things happened from November 2012 till January 2013. A lot had happened... including 1.5 months medical leave!!

Early November, Hubby suggested that we went and saw Dr Amir Farid, a gynae that currently practising alternative medicine for my gynae problem. I have made appointment with Prof Zainul as my pain had become longer and longer cycle. In a month I would be in pain for about 2 weeks starting from my period up to after the ovulation. And people keep asking me whether I am with child since my tummy was quite big...

We went to Dr Amir Farid clinic with high hope that I can be treated with alternative medicines. After taken all my history, he asked us, '"So what do you want from me? You have undergone all the top procedures that  the medicine can offer". Then I told him that I would like his opinion on treating me using alternative medicines. After that, he continue his consultation and prescribed me with some 'lingzhi' with high dose. Being a gynae he had ultrasound machine and I asked him to scan so that we can monitor the size of my cyst or uterus.(At this time, I thought that my swollen uterus that made my tummy look big)

When he looked at the monitor, he looked surprised and quickly said that he had to withdraw his prescription as I needed immediate medical attention as he discovered that I was carrying a 16X10cm cyst. His word at that time was, ' You are a walking time bomb' !!!!

Fast forward, we went to see Prof Zainul as scheduled and he said that my tummy looked like I was 18 weeks pregnant. I needed to be operated again! And Prof was asking as why did I did not came to see him any sooner? I have no answer to that. The truth was I did not want to have an operation again! But now I had to for my safety. So I was operated on 22nd November, beside cysts there were also so many tiny fibroids that Prof could not took out all. Only 1/3 of the fibroids had been taken out. 

And now I am on lucrin injection. I have taken my 3rd shot on 18th January and my uterus had become normal in size, Alhamdulillah.  So starting from December and for up to 3 more months I am free of pain but have to live with hot flushes and mood swings. I have started working on 2nd January with new look. The slimmer me!! Yes, I have lost 5kgs. Alhamdulillah. So starting fro December and for up to 3 more months I am free of pain but have to live with hot flushes.

3 Embryos....
I am gonna do the FET- Frozen Embryo Transfer after my uterus is ready. So now, monthly I am scheduled to see prof to have the shot as well as to monitor my uterus. I have 3 frozen embryos from my last IVF. Those were the 1st grade embryos as I was told.

Ya Allah Ya Rahman Ya Rahim.... Perkenankalah dan permudahkanlah....

No comments:

Post a Comment